About Audemars Piguet watches
Until today the well-established Swiss timepieces manufacture Audemars Piguet is family-owned and headquartered in Le Brassus in the canton Waadt. Their high-quality watches are produced in Le Locre, Meyrin and Le Brassus. The manufacture was founded in 1875 when the horologists Jules-Louis Audemars and Edward-Auguste Piguet started to create their own watches. In 1881 they eventually established Audemars Piguet & Cie to produce sophisticated first-class pocket watches. Today the company still focuses on the technical innovation of their timepieces. On the Great Exhibition of 1889 AP was honored with a special award for their model Grande Complication. AP’s Grande Complication was the first watch ever which had the function of a chronograph with the repetition of minutes and a perpetual calendar.
Consequently, AP pioneered in the creation of the first wristwatches including the smallest clockwork and minute repetition at the end of the 19th century. In 1972 AP launched the famous Royal Oak designed by Gérald Genta which became the greatest success ever of the brand. Until today this distinctive sport watch is the most famous of AP’s watches and its vintage models are very much sought after amongst collectors. In 1986 Audemars Piguet presented the shallowest wristband-Tourbillon including automatic winding as well as the first watch including Grande and Petite Sonnerie and quarter repetition.