About Jaeger LeCoultre watches
The timepieces manufacture Jaeger LeCoultre was established in 1833 in the Swiss canton Waadt by the brothers Charles-Antoine and Francois-Ulysse LeCoultre. Due to a close collaboration with the Paris watchmaker Edmond Jaeger, both businesses were fused in 1937 under the name Jaeger LeCoultre. Today, JLC is part of the Richemont group. In 1844 LeCoultre developed the Millionometre, an instrument to measure micrometre distances. On the Great Exhibition 1851 LeCoultre was awarded several gold medals for his various new developments in the field of mechanisation and precision. Up until the end of the 19th century, the company produced more than 350 different movements.
From 1902 LeCoultre provided Patek Philippe with movement blanks. JLC also produced movements with small complications in small numbers. In 2004 the first watch with a large complication and a gimballed Tourbillon was introduced to the market. The models Master Tourbillon and Reverso Gyrotourbillon 2 won first prizes in a competition for chronometry in LeLocle. The model Hybris Mechanica á Grande Sonnerie possesses 26 complications and 1300 individual components and is thus the most complicated watch in the world.